“A graphic representation of the object observed guarantees the exactness of the observation itself.”
Oliver Sacks insisted that “ideas emerge, are shaped, in the act of writing,” which he considered “a special, indispensable form” of talking to himself. Unusual creature though he was, the beloved neurologist was not the only sci…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.