“Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” ~Unknown
Self-doubt and I are old friends. We go way back, to early childhood.
Now, if you ask me, I will honestly tell you that I had quite an idyllic childhood in a loving home.
My parents raised us—my brot…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.