“My goal is to build a life I don’t need a vacation from.” ~Rob Hill Sr.
The other day I had an interesting conversation with a friend, who asked me the question “Who is the happiest person you know?”
Ask yourself this question now. It’s difficult to answer, isn’t it?
There are certainly people …
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.