Sleep is restorative. It heals us. It grants our brains and bodies needed downtime for recovery from the stress and demands of our waking hours. Our circadian rhythms (our sleep/wake cycles) regulate core components of our human selves. And beyond all of sleep’s mechanical importance to our bodies, a good night’s sleep feels amazing; it is a gift to drift off to sleep easily and to awaken refreshed.
Manic episodes disrupt sleep/wake cycles — our internal clocks. When you …
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.