A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.