A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.