“Where some people have a self, most people have a void, because they are too busy in wasting their vital creative energy to project themselves as this or that, dedicating their lives to actualizing a concept of what they should be like rather than actualizing their potentiality as a human being.”
“This is the entire essence of life: Who are you? What are you?” So wrote young Leo Tolstoy in his diary of moral development. Bruce Lee (November 27, 1940–July 20, 1973) was …
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.