“I still have a long way to go, but I’m already so far from where I used to be, and I’m proud of that.” ~Unknown
Just like any student, I’ve made mistakes throughout my spiritual journey. Although I prefer to see mistakes as learning opportunities, below are a few things I’ve learned not to do through my…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.