“I would gladly write to you only by means of music, but I have things to say to you to-day which music could not express.”
Half the beauty of life lies in its complexity — …
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.