A meditation on the one dimension of human existence that “goes past all racial conflict and all kinds of conflicts.”
“If our heart were large enough to love life in all its detail, we would see that every instant is at once a giver and a plunderer…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.