“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” ~Aristotle
We all have bad habits. The problem is that many of our habits are so deeply ingrained that we don’t even notice them anymore. If we do, we make excuses to hang onto them.
If you’ve tried to change your habits to no avai…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.