People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.