A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.